SCMGMA / National MGMA Dual Membership
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is excited to offer the opportunity to participate in our new dual membership program with SCMGMA beginning January 1, 2021.
Advantages of Dual Membership
Through a single enrollment and one low cost, you can bundle the value of your local medical practice community via your state with the perspective that you can only receive when you join more than 55,000 national members.
Sign up today to double your benefits and grow your network with a one or two-year membership that combines the best of practice management solutions, advocacy, and professional development resources at a state and national level.
More Member Benefits
In addition to the value you'll receive through your respective state MGMA membership, you'll unlock relevant national MGMA membership benefits built to help you succeed in your day-to-day business and overcome your most challenging practice management issues.
- Certification through the American College of Medical Practice Executives
- Cost Saving Programs for Members and Their Practices
- Timely Educational and Training Resources
- Personalized Career Development Pathways
- Expert Insight into the Latest Healthcare Legislations
- Powerful Calculators and Comprehensive Toolkits
- Online and In-person Networking Opportunities
Dual Membership FAQs
Who is Eligible for Dual Membership?
- Anyone who qualifies as an "Active" member at the State Level and has an individual membership with both the state and national organizations.
- Anyone who meets the following criteria (based on National MGMA's membership criteria):
- An individual who is directly employed in management or administrative support services by a healthcare entity organized to provide or facilitate the provision of healthcare services.
- An individual employed by a management organization, hospital/hospital system, practice management firm, or other business entity responsible for managing any operational components of an entity that provides healthcare services.
- Healthcare providers/clinicians who hold an active medical license in the state.
When Can I Convert to a "Dual Member"?
You can become a dual member upon the anniversary date expiration of your national MGMA membership. For example, if your MGMA (national) membership expires on March 31st of this year, when you go to renew your membership, you can opt into Dual Membership.
What Happens to My Expiration Date Once I Become a Dual Member?"
Your new expiration date (for both state and national MGMA) will be the same. Your new expiration date will be one year from the date you renew your membership.
What is the Discount of a Dual Membership?
You will receive a 12.5% discount on both South Carolina MGMA and National MGMA dues.
I Already Paid My South Carolina MGMA Dues - Do I Have to Pay Twice if I Switch To Dual Membership This Year?
No. As an incentive for members to opt into Dual Membership this year, we will refund any unused part of your state dues once you become a Dual Member.
Are There Two-Year Dual Memberships Available?
Yes. MGMA is offering a two-year option for Dual Membership.
Where Do I Go to Sign Up?
Click the Join Now link below and select Dual Membership (also members of MGMA) to convert to a Dual Member.
Questions about these memberships?
Questions about the state portion of a dual membership can be directed to:
Cindy Ott, Executive Director
Morgan James, Membership Chair